Comm. (Acc., Comm. Law, Mgmt), F.C.A., C.T.A., F.T.I.A.
- What do you enjoy doing?
Helping people achieve what they often believe they can’t.
- Why did you start this career?
Felt I could make a difference and it involves dealing with people.
- What is your greatest work achievement?
There are actually two: Helping more than 30 people get a start in this profession and seeing customers do some extraordinarily wonderful things
- Are you task/goal or more people/relationship focused?
Bit of both! Love a challenge and trying new things but I also get great satisfaction from seeing people do things they didn’t believe was possible.
- What gets you motivated and is important to you?
Helping people learn and develop into the best version of themselves. Often times people aren’t aware of just how great they can be.
- What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
Just one? The interweb thingy has changed a lot of things (not necessarily for the better).
- If you could invite any 3 people to dinner, who would they be and why?
Lord Denning (he was a Judge in the House of Lords in the UK and had a wonderful way with words – he could distil highly complex issues down to very simple language which is a skill that is under-rated), Simon Sinek (he seems to really understand people which is the core of any business and can communicate his thinking in very clear and understandable terms), my daughter Phoebe – because she makes me laugh!
- What Netflix series would you recommend?